News

CQC warns some cosmetic surgery clinics unsafe

  • December 4, 2019
  • The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has cancelled the registration of a cosmetic clinic in Birmingham. Inspectors raised concerns into the practices of Bearwood Cosmetic Clinic based in Smethwick, after finding “unsafe practice” and what they considered to be a lack of appropriate training.

    NHS working to prevent avoidable brain injuries at birth

  • December 3, 2019
  • brain damage after birth, birth complication

    The NHS Resolution’s Early Notification Scheme appears to be improving the way families whose babies have suffered avoidable brain injuries at birth are being treated by hospitals, with more information being available at an earlier stage.

    Shrewsbury and Telford hospitals: ‘Largest maternity scandal in NHS history’

  • November 25, 2019
  • Alarming numbers More than 600 cases related to Shrewsbury and Telford hospitals maternity care are being investigated in what has been described by a senior NHS source as the “largest maternity scandal in NHS history.” The cases being investigated include

    23% of NHS Trusts Fail to Fulfil Duty of Candour

  • November 5, 2019
  • NHS Resolution’s Early Notification Scheme Progress Report details that only 77% of NHS trusts across the UK have been found to have be notifying families about unforeseen incidents that had occurred to babies during birth, even though the other 23%

    Secondary cancers are taking too long to diagnose

  • October 15, 2019
  • One in four people with secondary cancer visit their GP at least three times before being diagnosed. Secondary cancer, also known as metastatic cancer, means that the cancer has spread through the blood resulting in secondary tumours. In the UK,

    Repeat GP visits for potential Shropshire cancer sufferers

  • October 14, 2019
  • Repeat GP visits for potential Shropshire cancer sufferers

    A recent survey completed by patients with cancer has found that many Shropshire patients visited their GP several times before being referred for further investigations. 645 patients diagnosed with cancer in the Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group area took part in

    Surgeon banned over breast cancer failings

  • September 12, 2019
  • A Blackpool surgeon has been suspended for his failure to look at scan results before removing part of a cancer patient’s breast. Sadagopan Varadarajan, who has practised in the UK since 1983, was banned for eight months by the Medical

    Agony after visit to Worcester dentist

  • September 2, 2019
  • Kenneth Taylor was awarded £17,500 in compensation after he was left in agony following a failed operation by Worcester dentist, Peter Osztrogonacz.   Wisdom tooth to be removed During an appointment with Mr Osztrogonacz, Mr Taylor was told that one

    Allergy patients alerted to faulty adrenaline auto-injectors

  • August 14, 2019
  • Allergy patients are being advised to carry two adrenaline auto-injector devices at all times following the discovery of blocked needles, which the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) say cannot deliver the pens’ adrenaline. The fault was first identified

    Sepsis admissions more than double since 2015

  • August 7, 2019
  • Recent statistics from NHS Digital show that the number of hospital admissions with a primary or secondary diagnosis of sepsis has risen from 169,125 in 2014/15 to 350,344 in 2017/18. The number of children under five being admitted has increased

    Start your no obligation consultation now

    NO WIN
    NO FEE
    NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION
    FIND OUT MORE