If you followed Medical Accident Group’s asthma care initiative last year, Laura Widdowson and her son Owen told their story of when Owen was hospitalised due to his near fatal asthma attack when he was just two years old. They also took on the challenge of completing the Couch to 5k challenge, in aid of The George Coller Memorial Fund.
This year, Laura and colleague David White have decided to go that step further by taking on the challenge of a strenuous trek along the length of the Malvern Hills, with the help of colleagues and friends.
The 9.5-mile-long route follows the top of the Malvern Ridge from Chase End at the south to the will take at least five hours to complete and follows the top of the Malvern Ridge from Chase End at the south to North Hill, taking in the main summits. The peak of the walk will be at 1386 feet with glorious views of Worcestershire.
Money raised for this challenge will go towards:
- Vital hospital equipment
- Helped sponsor an asthma helpline
- Sponsored children with asthma to go on medically supervised holidays
- Offered help and advice to the families of asthmatics
- Awareness campaigns concentrating on improving asthma policies within schools
- Low-cost practical aid in the home for children with asthma (i.e. dust mite covers and filter vacuum cleaners)
- Sponsoring and supporting school nurses to receive vital asthma training
- Supplied training to school staff, school nurses, nursery schools, and child minders
Please donate here to help us help The George Coller Memorial Fund and the vital work they do.