Accidents at work claims
At Medical Accident Group, our solicitors deal with the most severe claims as a result of accidents at work. These might include severe construction accidents, dangerous machinery claims, falls from heights, farm accidents, forklift accidents and Repetitive Strain Injuries.
What do you need to do if you’ve suffered an accident at work?
Serious accidents at work can change your life, and the lives of those around you. Our serious personal injury lawyers can help you access compensation and the expert rehabilitation you deserve, to help you rebuild your life.
- If you have had an accident at work, it is important you report it to your employers as soon as possible. It is their responsibility to record the incident in an Accident Book.
- You should also keep your own copy for your records, as it may help you make a claim.
- It is also very important you seek medical attention or visit your GP. This will provide you with any medical attention you may need, ensure you recover appropriately, and will also prove useful when making a claim.
To find out more about making a claim, and our way of working, click here.
Need to know: Your employer’s responsibility
Although employees have a reasonable responsibility to care for their own health, and the health of those around them, by law your employers have a duty to protect your health and safety, while you work and are in your workplace.
Suitable working conditions often play a large part in accidents occurring at work. As part of an employer’s duty of care, they must:
- Keep dust, fumes and noise under control.
- Make sure plant and machinery are safe and regularly maintained.
- Provide protective clothing where necessary.
- Report certain diseases and injuries to the relevant authority.
- Provide adequate first aid equipment and facilities.
Assess risks that may occur and change practices accordingly.